2018 Kansas International Trade Day Conference
Lawrence DoubleTree | 200 McDonald Drive | Lawrence, KS 66044
Click here for the Registration Form
• Student Rate is $50, Early Bird Rate is $50 through April 30th, and the rate increases to $75 beginning May 1st. Registration includes all sessions and the luncheon.
Click here for the Sponsorship Options
• Exhibitor: $125 - Exhibit booth, skirted table, electrical access, wireless Internet access.
• Patron: $250 - Exhibit table and two complementary registrations;
one copy of the Conference Registration List.
• Partner: $500 - Exhibit table and three complementary registrations;
one copy of the Conference Registration List; Company logo included in
conference guide & website; Company name included in media release.
Click here for the Sponsorship Application
|8:00 a.m.||Registration & Exhibits Open|
|9:00 a.m.||Opening Remarks|
|9:20 a.m.||Session One – How to Pick a Market |
Resources, Process, Cooperation! When going global with your business, picking the right market is the first step! This session will give you the How, Why and What of determining where in the world you should sell your products.
• Introductions by Harland Priddle
• Speaker - John Addessi, JCCC KSBDC
• Speaker – Paul Wenger, Wenger Manufacturing (1989 Exporter of the Year Award Winner)
|10:30 a.m.||Session Two – Financial Options for Your International Buyers|
Understanding your financial resources! Understanding financing of exporting can be
overwhelming to businesses large and small, and may hold them back from becoming
successful on the world marketplace. This session will break through the myths of financing export sales through the EX/IM Bank.
• Introductions by Tom Hodge
• Speaker – Mark Klein, Import/Export Bank
• Speaker - Troy Estes, Vektek, Inc. (2015 Exporter of the Year Award Winner)
|11:30 p.m.||Lunch Buffet & Break for networking and visiting exhibits|
|12:00 p.m||Welcoming Remarks|
|12:15 p.m.||Luncheon Session – Growing Kansas’ Global Partnerships|
Moderated Panel Discussion: What are the secrets to success in growing business with
Kansas’ top Global Partners? Hear from an esteemed panel of Kansas’ top export markets:
|1:45 p.m.||Break for networking and visiting exhibitions|
|2:00 p.m.||Session Three - Go Global! Preparing Your Business for Marketing and Selling Abroad |
Do you know if your product or service is ripe for an export market? Is your business prepared to invest and commit to global expansion? Do you have people with the right skill sets? Are you ready to adapt to cultural expectations, norms, and behaviors?
This presentation will highlight key topics to think about when developing an international business strategy, as well as provide an introduction to state assistance programs that can support your global expansion efforts.
• Introduction by Randi Tveitaraas Jack
• Speaker – Travis Young, Salina Vortex (2008 Exporter of the Year Award Winner)
|3:15 p.m.||Session Four - Success Stories by 2018 Exporter of the Year Finalists|
Hear tips for success from a panel comprised of Kansas’ top exporting businesses – each is a finalist for the prestigious 2018 Governor’s Exporter of the Year award which is celebrating its 30th Year!
• Moderator – Melissa Birch, KITCC Chair
A block of hotel rooms has been reserved for the evening of Monday, June 4. Please call the Lawrence DoubleTree at (785) 841-7077.