KSBDC Riddle of the Exporter Training
The Riddle of the Exporter seminar is a daylong interactive training program aimed at helping potential and existing exporters sell to the 95 percent of the world's consumers who are outside the United States. Topics include:
- Key elements to export in a step-by-step process;
- How to use government resources to determine the best market and market entry strategy;
- Legal points to consider in sales contracts and intellectual property protection;
- How to determine if an export license is needed;
- International shipping and best practices;
- How to mitigate risk through payment procedures and financing;
- Why cultural communications and negotiations are critical.
Individual Participation in Export Training
Funding assistance will be provided to twenty eligible small businesses to take part in export seminars and training courses sponsored, partnered, or endorsed by the SBA or the U.S. Commercial Service throughout the grant year for company personnel to enhance skills and abilities to export products/services. Several funding opportunities will be made available to eligible small businesses in the form of post-activity reimbursement.
Discover Global Markets
The Discover Global Markets Business Forum Series (DGM) is designed to help U.S. businesses expand sales, penetrate new markets, and boost their bottom line through exports. At each DGM conference, participating companies will:
- Meet one-on-one with U.S. Commercial Diplomats visiting from abroad;
- Participate in panel discussions on the latest industry trends;
- Identify new and emerging markets of opportunity ahead of the competition;
- Learn about U.S. export programs designed to cut company’s time to market;
- Network with U.S. trade officials, leading private sector experts and like-minded U.S. businesses active in overseas markets.
Trade Winds is the largest annual U.S. Government-led overseas business forums, connecting U.S. companies and organizations to business and government leaders in some of the world’s most promising markets. Several funding opportunities will be made available to eligible small businesses in the form of post-activity reimbursement.