Award of Excellence
2018 Award Winner
The 2018 Governor’s Award of Excellence, the highest award given to a business by the state, was bestowed upon McFarlane Aviation, Inc. of Baldwin City.
McFarlane Aviation, Inc. is a family-owned manufacturer of replacement parts for Cessna, Piper, Grumman, Beechcraft and Ag-Cat airplanes, as well as experimental, homebuilt and LSA aircraft.
In addition to producing high-quality replacement airplane parts, McFarlane distributes a variety of general aviation products and accessories.
- 2018: McFarlane Aviation, Inc.
- 2017:Cereal Ingredients, Inc. - Leavenworth
- 2016: Civic Plus - Manhattan
- 2015: ITC Great Plains - Dodge City
- 2014: Galaxy Technologies - Winfield
- 2013: B & W Trailer Hitches - Humboldt
- 2012: Nex-Tech, Inc. - Lenora
- 2011: AuBurn Pharmacy, Inc. - Garnett
- 2010: Landoll Corporation - Marysville
- 2009: BTI Greensburg - Greensburg
- 2008: Crossland Construction Company - Columbus
- 2007: Black & Veatch - Overland Park
- 2007: J-A-G Construction - Dodge City
- 2006: ICM - Colwich
- 2005: Watco Companies - Pittsburg
- 2004: Shelton Collision Repair - Derby
- 2003: Epic Touch Company - Elkhart
- 2002: Steel & Pipe Supply Company - Manhattan
- 2001: Capitol Federal Savings Bank - Topeka
- 2000: Olathe Health Systems - Olathe
- 1999: Midwest Energy, Inc. - Hays
- 1998: Taylor Forge Engineered Systems, Inc. - Paola
- 1997: Gates Rubber Company - Iola
- 1996: Koch Industries - Wichita
- 1995: Calibrated Forms, Inc. - Columbus
The awards program takes place each spring and invites individuals and organizations to nominate the proud Kansas businesses that contribute jobs and support their local communities.
Finalists are recognized at the Team Kansas awards ceremony with the top nominee receiving the Governor's Award of Excellence.
The intent of the program is to recognize Kansas businesses for their contributions to the local and state economy. Kansas businesses continue to be the foundation of our economy, communities and overall quality of life, and Business Appreciation Month is the state's way of recognizing Kansas businesses for all they do to keep Kansas strong.